Optimizing my first High Throughput Screen

Optimizing my first High Throughput Screen

I, along with Nina, performed our first high-throughput screen – well really medium-throughput but high-throughput for us – on Niemann-Pick Type C (NPC) patient-derived fibroblasts a couple of months back. We wanted to do a pilot screen with the Microsource bioactives...
NPC1 KO mouse brain study

NPC1 KO mouse brain study

Well it has been a little while since I wrote a post, and a lot has happened since then, which I am sure you read about in our blogs and tweets. We changed our company name, partnered with Novartis and started partnering with patient groups to engineer our organisms...
Perlara’s first preprint

Perlara’s first preprint

Two weeks ago we posted Perlara’s first preprint to bioRxiv, along with all the raw data on GitHub: Predicting the phenotype of Mendelian disease missense mutations using amino acid conservation and … https://t.co/PWBuYakkMI #bioRxiv — bioRxiv...
A secondary assay for worms

A secondary assay for worms

We’ve not had a worm post in awhile, but that doesn’t mean that worms (and we) haven’t been busy. We’ve been optimizing and conducting a secondary assay on them to determine if the npc disease pathology can be resolved by testing the hits that...
Translate »